Thursday, May 5, 2011

Currently Reading: Plain Truth

PLAIN TRUTH by Jodi Piccoult


Last night, Read Wine Book Club met to discuss our latest literary tale -- Plain Truth. I, personally have not read Jodi Piccoult's other books (although I hear good things about My Sister's Keeper), but other girls in the group who have were disappointed by this one. They said it followed the same outline as all her books and that was a bit of a let down. Fortunately, I have not been tainted from those other accounts (I tried to read The Pact, but never made it past page 17 - I just couldn't get into it) and really appreciated this story . I love courtroom drama and have had a facination with the Amish since a 20/20 episode when I was younger.

Yes, I watched 20/20 when I was a kid. I loved Barbara Walters and Hugh Downs always trying to scare the crap out of me with stories of deadly spiders and restaurant germs.

Anywho, this book gets a thumbs up from me. I wont ruin it for you, but the last 2 pages are explosive!

Adrienne design and printed a banner for our meetings and this was its debut. Great job, Pi.

Nichole was our host this time and crafted an amazing spread of dips. Not bad for a prego ;)

And here were the amazing wine choices. I actually brought 2 bottles this time because I wasn't drinking the month of April and didn't get to partake in that meeting with Never Let Me Go. Mine were Monogamy and Irony - they went hand in hand together in this story, fo sho.

I save the best for last because...well Shannon was late and she didn't read the book...but this was still the best wine label inspired from the story, I thought. Great job, Shannon!

TRUTH!

Up next, we will be reading my choice: Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter! Sounds awesome and they are also making a movie.

To follow Read Wine Book Club on facebook, click here.

Happy reading...

No comments: