Monday, May 9, 2011

Bridal Shower

About the only time I spent indoors this weekend was a bridal shower I attended on Saturday at Jilly's Cupcakes. I always meant to go there when I lived in Clayton and never made it out. I did however have one of their delicious goods before after a race in downtown St. Louis. But that is the closest I has come to pastry nirvana until now. These cupcakes are so rich, not to mention gi-normous. You can only eat about a fourth of it at a time!


Thought that I should share this creative little party game - the shower was split into 3 groups and we had to create a wedding dress from 3 rolls of toilet paper. This was our lovely model, Grace (who will also be getting married this August!) so this was a little preview for her. We were going for "modern hippie bride" haha.

 Onto the bridal gift. Reprising the Salsa recipe cards and kit (Tim, the groom to be, is an amazing creator of salsa. He has this one he makes with corn and goods - very spicy, just the way I like it. So I thought this was fitting. I also made blank cards for him to dabble his own creations.

Here is the almost finished product without the recipe cards attached. It includes a cutting board and outdoor dining cook book as well as strainer and cute fiesta bowl for all the veggie goodness - wrapped up tight with ribbons and cutting knife.

 

Hope Sam enjoyed her shower and gifts! I love being able to add a personal touch to gifts - I think it adds a little flavor and added thought to them instead of just going straight to the registry. I know that that's what the registry is for, but I like to give the gift of thought as well ;)

No comments: