Friday, April 1, 2011

OPENING DAY, Part II

ST LOUIS, March 31, 2011

Opening Day Rally on Keiner Plaza


It really was a beautiful day, even if the Cardinals didn't end up pulling out the W. I just love the atmosphere of downtown St. Louis - And the pride in the city, the traditions, and baseball.

After the rally was over, headed over to the stadium and watched the game at Paddy O's. It was just like one huge tailgate party. Even got to meet up with my friend and very talented photographer, Megan. You really must check out her stuff. She is just a phenomenal artist. I almost want to have a baby just so she can take pictures of it...

After the game, we were headed over to Beale on Broadway, when kind of randomly, a homeless man gave me his baseball cap sporting a #1 pin. I tried to give it back or give him something in return but he told me to keep it. I felt kind of bad about taking it, but tried to pay it forward later in the night by giving away something else to a stranger.

Beale on Broadway was hoppin' with the bluesy sounds of #winning. Love that place. Such a chill place to unwind with live blues music after a Cardinals game (or Blues game).

All in all, a great day.
And here's to warmer weather and a great baseball season...

No comments: