Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I will be in Festus tomorrow celebrating fathers day in style with 6 hour smoked ribs, my pop's pride and joy. So I thought I'd enthrall you all with my father's day post today. It involved a home illustrated card and a brilliant flea market find.


hehe - That is how I used to draw my dad's head when I was little. He's a retired Marine of 22 years and even though he is now 50, he still sports the high and tight. He is obcessed with his garden - its devoted time he gets so he can get away from my mom ;) - and while exploring the flea market one day came across this guy who makes elaborate bird houses and plant potters out of cedar, as well as these lovely butterfly houses.
Hope it blends with the rest of his motif.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: