Friday, August 20, 2010

Read Wine Book Club

One of my new years resolutions was to read more. Well I haven't exactly done that since the weather turned to spring, so to get myself back on track, started talking it over with some friends about getting together a book club. Well Me and Adrienne can never do anything without turning it into a personal design project so this is what we came up with.

READ WINE BOOK CLUB!
(pronounced Red Wine Book Club)

First rule of book club, wear high heels.
Second rule, bring a bottle of wine to the meetings that inspired you from that week's book.
Third rule, occasionally read.

And there you have it. We even started a blog to rate the wine and books, but also to inform people at want to join our ranks later on. Our first meeting was this past Wednesday and it was a pretty good turn out. We had 7 high heeled ladies with wine and ideas. Our first book was chosen out of a bowl and my choice actually won, Flashforward by Robert j. Sawyer. Spoiler alert, I already read this book but I just REALLY wanted someone to talk about it with because I liked it so much. So sue me.

Next meeting is September 8th where we discuss Flashforward (yay) and pick out our next book.
Happy Reading,
Smash

No comments: