Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All Star Day!

I remember back in the summer of 2004 when I was working my summer job at Bob Evans was the first time that I had heard that the All Star Game was coming to St Louis. And I remember thinking how far away 2009 felt (i also remember that same summer, that same job was when I found out that Conan would take over the tonight show in 2009 - my how the time passes).

If you are in St louis right now, you cannot get away from baseball, even if you try. Its really great. They've cleaned up downtown to look all artsy with the addition of a new sculpture park on market st. for what I'm assuming is so all the people coming from all over the country dont think we are a huge trash heap of murder, crime and homeless people.

I really hope the National League can pull this baby out. I really thought they were going to do it last year when they were winning the whole game and then the AL came back and tied it up only to go 14 innings - goo. But this year we are in St Louis. With the Best fans on earth. We love our baseball in the Lou and how fitting is it that the allstar game be in our great city and have them win it for the first time in 11 years! I'm so excited.

So here's the plan. I'm going to take a guess and say that it might be too crazy to even try to get downtown at this point with parking or even the metro. However, Clayton is closing off streets and displaying the game on a huge outdoor screen for everyone to enjoy. I just want to be a part of the st louis atmostphere right now.

Let the Baseball Coma Commence!

No comments: