Thursday, May 21, 2009

FOUND Comes to St Louis

Found Magazine creators and brothers Davy and Peter Rothbart were at the Mad Art Gallery in Soulard in St louis last night as a part of their Denim and Diamonds tour. I have to say I had no idea what to expect. I thought that they were just going to be displaying some of their favorite found items. But I can say with confidence that the experience was well worth it. They are more of a comedy team, whose material was that uncreated by themselves but the world around them.Like Davy said "it is like a international community art project" as he read some of his favorite and albeit most histerical ramblings, notes, love letters, flyers and receipts. Peter engaged everyone with some songs he wrote inspired by the some of the greatest found items of all.

The crowd favorite as well as my own of course would have to be "damn, girl. the booty dont stop" which when put to jack johnson-esque music is quite delightful :)

I laughed so hard, my eyes leaked.

To check out more on FOUND, check out their website or you could see where they are performing next on their 57 city tour and make a road trip out of it. And the moral of this story is dont just walk by that scrap of paper lying on the street...pick it up, discover a new world, and send it in!

No comments: